Before You Get Started
- Please listen to Bill Doherty's 2 1/2 minute audio introduction.
- Please read Platform Requirements to make sure your environment will allow you to use the platform successfully.
- Please read Troubleshooting Tips. If you experience a technical problem, please leave a message by clicking on the blue Support button. We’d appreciate that because it will help AllSides Connect improve the platform. The message will be answered soon, but not during real-time.
- For those doing a Red/Blue conversation, we strongly recommend that at least one of you first take the 40-minute, online Skills for Bridging the Divide or participate in a Braver Angels Skills for Bridging the Divide workshop online or in person.
- Please note that there's no need to print out your Conversation Guides. They will appear on screen when you enter into your conversation. Please also note that the Next buttons in the conversation can always move you backwards and forwards, and you and your partner do not need to click on them simultaneously.
How to Sign Up During Phase I of Braver Angels 1:1 Conversations
- If you are a Red for a Red/Blue conversation; a Black for a Black/White conversation, or a Rural dweller for a Rural/Urban conversation, feel free to sign up now by clicking on "Get Started." We will pair you with someone. Both of you will receive two links for your two one-hour conversations. You should hear from us within a week or so.
- Contact each other, introduce yourselves, and decide upon the dates and times of these conversations (don’t forget time zone differences). At the designated time, both click on the same link in order to enter into the same conversation. If one of you clicks on the link earlier than the other, you will enter the conversation and wait for your partner to arrive.
The conversation guide will appear underneath your partner’s image. Use it by scrolling through the portion of the guide that is visible, then clicking on Next.
- If you are a Blue for a Red/Blue conversation, a White for a Black/White conversation, or an Urban or Suburban dweller for a Rural/Urban conversation, please find a partner on the other side. Once you have your partner, have their name and email address handy. Sign up by clicking on "Get Started," and enter your partner’s name and email address where requested. We will send you both links for your two one-hour conversations. You should hear from us within a few business days. Then follow 2 above.
- If you are a Blue for a Red/Blue conversation, a White for a Black/White conversation, or an Urban or Suburban dweller for a Rural/Urban conversation and cannot find a partner, you can sign up anyway, by clicking on "Get Started." You should be prepared, however, for a wait of indeterminate length. If/when we send you a match and links for your conversation, follow 2 above.
If, while waiting, you find a partner on the other side, have the partner sign up and enter your name and email address where requested, along with the words 'Already registered' after your last name. We will send you both links for your two one-hour conversations. You should hear from us within a few business days. Then follow 2 above.
If you have any questions, please contact Donna Murphy at email@example.com. Please do not contact her if the first paragraph of 4 above applies to you and you're growing impatient! Because we are just getting started, we simply do not know how long the wait will be.
This platform is provided by AllSides Connect, a customized video platform enabling guided 1:1 conversations.